Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just some random photos from a while ago

    For my first semester of college last year we were given the task of creating a portfolio of our photographs each photo fitting a certain brief eg. panning shot, max depth of field shot, action shot. Of course me being the eager first year I went a bit crazy. I found myself bringing my crappy camera everywhere; to the beach, to parks, even to my college campus, all the while looking like a snap-happy tourist.


Rusty old railing beside cliffs



      I was eager to please and found myself taking stacks and stacks of photographs. I already had quite an interest in photography (even though the only camera at my disposal at this time was less than high in quality) but this task gave me the opportunity to learn the basics in photo-taking which I found really interesting.

Glistening on the sea shore

      I found myself noticing things more and thinking to myself "That tree would look good from this angle, maybe if I shot it in black and white", "Wow that bunch of autumn leaves looks really pretty where is my camera?!". The whole idea of composing a photograph became a conscious thought in my mind everytime I saw rolling hillsides, birds congregating around a bird bath like businessmen gathered around a water-cooler, or a beautifully stunning flower being occupied by a fuzzy bumble bee.

Lone ranger!
       As time progressed I found out that I could take advantage of the college SLR cameras which reinvigourated me to say the least. Once again I became a crazy photo taking student; people would know I was coming because they could see the flash of my camera before they saw me. As my birthday was around this time how could I not avail of my new passion for photography, aswell as a high quality SLR camera. Needless to say it was a night to remember with a monster amount of photographs to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment