Sunday, June 26, 2011

My bedroom- these four walls

      I'll admit, one of the things I do while incredibly bored or lacking in things to do is clean my room whilst listening and singing-along to some of my favourite music. It's quite the time killer believe it or not. However after tidying the shoes, organising the books and folding the clothes there's not much else to be doing; that's when I get creative!

      Small ideas have just come to me over the years if I ponder enough and if not then I do a bit of stumbling until I reach that eureka moment. As a result my room is in a constant flux of change. My bed is constantly being moved from different parts of the room, the wall colour is constantly being changed or added to, posters and pictures are hanging from all available surfaces.
       So, let's begin shall we!? why not start with the... ceiling. The ceiling you ask?! why the ceiling, surely that's the most boring part of anybody's room?! Ok in fairness I at first thought this too but me being a creative youngster that I was back then I wanted something different. Well ok it's not the most original idea painting the sky and fluffy white clouds onto a ceiling but it's the only room in my house that has it so that is good enough for me. Easy peasy, all i needed was some sky blue paint, white paint, a roller to make painting so much faster, and a small sponge. A good afternoon of manual labour and this is what I came up with.




      As you can see in a moment of creativeness I purchased a mountain of glow in the dark stars, however these photos do not do them any justice. The reason why there is so little in each photo is purely because I do not want to give too much away just yet, you will have to keep on reading to find out reader!

  

     Where to next?! I think the logical thing to do is progress from the ceiling to the borders. Another simple effect to create i used masking tape around each of the walls to create a straight line when painting and painted in the same sky blue colour as the ceiling. When the paint was dry; I think I just waited until the next day actually, I purchased a cheap celtic type stencil and used the same purple/lilac colour of the walls to stencil all around the borders creating this effect.


   As you can see I alternated the colour of the stencil to the sky blue and stenciled a few around the walls just because I wanted to. Well that is about all for this post, only a drop in the ocean so please stay tuned.! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment